Contact us

Contact us

There are a number of ways that you can get in touch with us:

  • Emergency repairs: 0191 278 7878
  • Phone: For all enquiries call us on 0191 278 8600
  • Online form: Complete our contact form
  • Email:
  • Intercom: If you live in a multi-storey building you can contact our enquiry centre by using your intercom.
  • Our offices: See the address and contact information of your local Community Hub. Our offices are currently closed to the public but you can get in touch with us by phone or email.
  • Find an officer: search Find an officer to find contact details for your housing officer, income officer and caretaker (if you live in a multi-storey).  
phone and email icon

Complaints and compliments

To make a complaint, please complete our complaints form.

To give a compliment about our staff or services, please complete our compliments form.

You can also:

  • Call us on 0191 278 8600
  • Email us:
  • Write to us: Customer Experience Team, Your Homes Newcastle, YHN House, Benton Park Road, Newcastle, NE7 7LX.

You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at any time while your complaint is going through our complaints process.  They can offer advice and help to find a resolution but cannot make a formal decision on your case until you have reported the original problem to us and are dissatisfied with our response.  You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service by telephoning 0300 111 3000 or by writing to PO Box 152, Liverpool, L33 7WQ.

Complaints Handling Code

The Housing Ombudsman’s Complaints Handling Code provides clear guidance about how housing providers like YHN should deal with customer complaints. We have looked at the ways we meet the guidelines set out in the Code to understand what we are good at and which parts of the complaints process we need to get better at.

Read an overview of our self-assessment against the Complaints Handling Code.

You can find a copy of our complaints policy on our policies and strategies page.

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?