Home contents insurance

Home contents insurance

We will carry out repairs and maintenance to your home but do not provide insurance for your furniture, belongings or decorations should they become damaged.

You can insure the contents of your home with any insurance company but, together with Newcastle City Council and Royal & Sun Alliance, we have designed a scheme to make it easier and more affordable for customers and leaseholders.

Home contents insurance

What does the scheme include?

  • New for old cover (except clothing & household linen where an allowance for wear & tear is deducted)
  • You don’t have to pay any excess if you make a claim
  • You can insure a low minimum sum
  • You don’t need to add any additional security to your home to be covered
  • You can make easy weekly payments with your rent
  • You can also choose optional extras to cover accidental damage, personal belongings, wheelchairs and hearing aids.

Please note that there may be cheaper or more suitable cover available elsewhere so we encourage you to look at other policies before deciding on the best option for you.

How do I join the scheme?

You can download a copy of the application form or request a copy by emailing income@yhn.org.uk

You will receive a letter and policy booklet through the post to confirm your acceptance onto the scheme. If you do not receive these details, please contact the Income Section to enquire about your application.

Making a new claim

If you have arranged insurance under this scheme then please contact RSA on 08456 718171.

More information on making a claim is available in the Home Contents Insurance Policy document. You download a copy of the Home Contents Insurance Policy by clicking here or request a copy by emailing income@yhn.org.uk

Did you know?

We can also offer high-quality flexible and affordable furnishings through our furniture and furniture rental services?


Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?