Freedom of information

Freedom of information

You have a legal right to see all types of information held by public organisations, including Your Homes Newcastle. We will:

  • Make sure any personal information we keep is accurate, and that we remove it when we no longer need it
  • Deal with requests for information and queries promptly
  • Advise and assist you with making requests for information
  • Help you understand any information we provide
Freedom of information

Freedom of Information request

You can request information produced by Your Homes Newcastle. This information is covered by ‘Freedom of Information’ laws.

Subject Access Request

Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have a right to ask to see the personal information (known as personal data) we hold about you and ordinarily the right to have a copy provided to you or someone else on your behalf.  A request to see this information is known as a ‘subject access request’ (“SAR”). 

How to make a Freedom of Information or Subject Access Request


Write to us:

Governance and Implementation Team (SAR)

YHN House

Benton Park Road

Newcastle Upon Tyne


Please include details of the personal data you are requesting, together with your name and address and clearly setting out the information that you require and how you would to like to receive it.  If you require specific information, it is helpful if this is clear in your request, for example, information from a particular time period or about a specific correspondence. 

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?